Guess what guys, I’m creating my first recipe eBook! I’m partnering with my mother to develop a healthy Indian food recipe eBook with 40-50 recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and beverages. We will also include a guide on how to build your own spice kit, a grocery check list, and general tips on how to cook Indian food and make it a bit healthier.
The idea of creating my own product has been on the back of my mind for a few months, ever since my boyfriend and I did a little prioritization exercise (on a side note, would you guys like personal growth/productivity tips? I’ve been thinking about sharing a few). However at that point, I didn’t think it would be feasible to create my own product for multiple reasons —time, confidence, and resources as the top three.
Though when I made the decision to leave my job at LinkedIn, time was finally on my side. After some encouragement from friends and family I got the confidence to pursue this project. As for the resources, we are figuring it out as we go, but having my mom as a partner makes it much more manageable.
The survey I sent out a couple of weeks ago, as well as general conversations in the C&G Girl Gang (join in on the fun here) really helped me validate the need for something like this. Here are some of the interesting findings from the survey:
- General stats: 217 respondents, 92% female, 34% South Asian
- Top three reasons people cook: to be healthier, to control their ingredients in their food, to save money.
- On a scale of 1-5, the average skill-level with Indian cooking is a 2.36
- 30% of respondents have never cooked Indian food in their life!
- 2/3 of respondents want to learn how to make Indian food healthier while over half want to learn how to make Indian food in general!
- Not too surprising, but South Asians are most likely to be vegetarians (41%) compared to other ethnic groups (11%)
There were a couple of questions that I forgot to ask (rookie mistake). The biggest one question being “what Indian food would you guys like to learn how to cook and/or making healthier?” Let me know in the comments or feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As for our timeline for the recipe eBook, we would like to get this to market before the holidays!If you’d like to participate in feedback sessions or get the latest news on the eBook you can sign up below. Thank you all so much for your support. We really couldn’t create this without you.
Stay in the Know!
Receive updates and participate in feedback session for the recipe eBook!