Yep it’s still possible to enjoy chocolate chip cookies even when you’re told to cut out all things that make a delightful cookie.
Okay I exaggerate a bit, but if you read this blog post, you know I’ve been told to cut out coffee, dairy, gluten and soy for a while. This is hard for someone like me who loves food and baking.
Food is fuel but it’s also much more than that. Food influences memories, friendships, and overall happiness! It would be great (and easy) if I could be happy with eating chicken, salads, and rice but that’s just not possible. I still want to be able to treat myself every once in awhile.
So here I present to you cookies that can be eaten happily on a gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free diet! I can’t take credit for this amazing recipe – all credit goes to the creators of Primal Palate.
For convenience, here are the ingredients and instructions:
3 cups Blanched Almond Flour
1/2 cup Virgin Coconut Oil, unrefined
1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
2 Omega 3 Eggs
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl beat eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with hand mixer until combined.
- Melt coconut oil, pour into batter, and continue to blend until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, drop balls of cookie dough, about a tablespoon in size.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve with a cold glass of almond or coconut milk!
These cookies come out moist and chewy, unlike most gluten-free cookies. This will definitely become a regular treat at my apartment!
Pin It for Later!